Environmental Open House
Come visit Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences for our Environmental Open House on Friday, November 8, 2013, from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm in the Cook Student Center, (59 Biel Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901). Explore our many majors related to agriculture, health, and the environment. Meet our students and faculty, and discover the quality academic and student life programs available to you.
Represented at this event will be the following academic departments: Agriculture and Food Systems; Animal Sciences/Pre-veterinary; Biochemistry; Bioenvironmental Engineering (5 Yr.); Biotechnology; Ecology, Evolution and Natural Resources; Environmental and Business Economics; Environmental Planning and Design/Landscape Architecture; Environmental Policy, Institutions and Behavior; Environmental Sciences; Food Science; Marine Sciences; Meteorology; Microbiology; Nutritional Science; and Plant Sciences/Turf grass; and the Program in Science Learning/Professional Youth Work.
Special sessions will also be offered on "Scholarships, Educational Opportunity Fund, and Financial Aid at Rutgers SEBS", and "Transferring into Rutgers SEBS".
Schedule of Events
|9:00-9:15 am||Welcome and Program Overview|
|9:15-10:00 am||Transferring into Rutgers SEBS|
|9:15-10:00 am||Your First Year at Rutgers SEBS|
|10:15-11:15 am||Presentation Session I (See below)|
|11:30 am - 12:30 pm||Presentation Session II (See Below)|
|12:00 Noon - 1:45 pm||Rutgers Student Services and Club Fair/Light Lunch|
|1:00-1:30 pm||Scholarships, Honors, and Financial Aid at Rutgers SEBS|
|1:45-3:15 pm||Student Panel and G. H. Cook Campus Walking Tours|
Academic Presentation Session I (10:15-11:15 am):
- Agriculture and Food Systems/Plant Biology - Dr. Don Kobayashi
- Animal Sciences / Pre-veterinary / Equine - Dr. Barry Jesse
- Biochemistry - Dr. Lori White
- Bioenvironmental Engineering (Five Yr. BS/BS) - Dr. Uta Krogmann
- Ecology, Evolution and Natural Resources - Dr. Suzanne Sukhdeo
- Environmental Planning and Design/Environmental Geomatics /Landscape Architecture – Dr. Frank Gallagher and Dr. Wolfram Hoefer
- Environmental Policy, Institutions, and Behaviors - Dr. Karen O'Neill
- Food Science - Dr. Karl Matthews
- Microbiology - Dr. Costantino Vetriani
- Weather Watcher Studio Tour
Rutgers Presentation Session II (11:30 am - 12:30 pm)
- Biotechnology - Dr. Don Kobayashi
- Environmental and Business Economics - Dr. Edmund Tavernier
- Environmental Sciences - Dr. Lisa Rodenburg
- Marine Science - Dr. Gary Taghon)
- Meteorology – Dr. Mark Miller
- Nutritional Science - Dr. John Worobey
Rutgers Service and Club Fair (12:00 Noon - 1:45 pm)
- Speak with the SEBS Assistant Dean for Transfer Students, or an Admissions Counselor, Financial Aid, or Educational Opportunity Fund rep.
- Rutgers Student Service Departments
- Rutgers and SEBS Student Clubs/Organizations
Scholarships, Educational Opportunity Fund, and Financial Aid at Rutgers SEBS (1:00 pm – 1:30 pm)
- Session on funding your Rutgers education using merit and need based scholarships and financial aid. Feel free to bring your lunch.
RU-tv Weather Watcher Studio Tour (10:15-11:15 am)
- If you are interested in weather and science communication, and/or video production, this is the tour for you! Learn about an opportunity to live and work with a group of students to produce daily weather forecasts and longer science journalism shows for the university’s television network. Visit our professional television studio!
Cook Farm Tours (11:30 am -12:30 pm)
- Meet the herd. Learn about Ag Field Day, hands-on experiences, and research opportunities, and interact with current Animal Science majors.
Student Panel and G.H. Cook Campus Walking Tours (1:45-3:15 pm)
- Meet our students, ask questions, visit our facilities - half hour Q & A with SEBS Student Tour Guides, RU CORPs Volunteers, and Alpha Zeta followed by walking tour of campus and dorm visit.
For more information, contact the SEBS Office of Academic Programs at 848-932-3000.