University Commencement and School of Environmental and Biological Sciences Convocation
Friday, May 11, 2018
Cook Student Center, George H. Cook Campus
This will be the final gathering of the Class of 2018 before Commencement and Convocation. There is a light dinner served. The candlelight walk around Passion Puddle then takes place followed by a champagne toast. If you would like to share a memory of your time at SEBS, play an instrument, etc., and would like to be a part of the ceremony, please contact our Convocation Coordinator, Latisha Crubaugh, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, May 13, 2018
10 a.m. (rain or shine)
High Point Solutions Stadium, Busch Campus
University Commencement is a giant celebration with your fellow students from across the entire university and all three campuses. There, you will see your name scroll on the stadium ribbon board and enjoy special videos such as graduate shout-outs to family and friends, photo montages, and more. With thousands of guests saluting the culmination of your achievement, it will be a day you will never forget. Please allow plenty of time to arrive at the Stadium. Gates open at 8 a.m.
School of Environmental and Biological Sciences Convocation
Monday, May 14, 2018
Passion Puddle, George H. Cook Campus
Inclement Weather Location: Louis Brown Athletic Center, Livingston Campus
Your other must-attend graduation ceremony is this intimate event, where you'll join with your graduating class and faculty members to receive individual recognition. The School of Environmental and Biological Sciences Convocation will include the following festivities:
- Your name will be read
- Your photograph will be taken
- Celebrate with the students, faculty and staff who have been alongside you during your studies at the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
In the event of inclement weather, the convocation ceremony will still take place on May 14 at 10 a.m., but at the Louis Brown Athletic Center (a/k/a "the RAC").
Questions? Call 848-932-3000.
Eligible Commencement and Convocation Participants
All School of Environmental and Biological Sciences students who have:
- Graduated in January 2018; or
- Registered to complete all degree requirements by May 2018; or
- On track to graduate in August 2018 (will have completed a minimum of 116 credits at the end of the spring term, and registered for summer session for all courses to complete their degree requirements may participate in the May 2018 Commencement and Convocation ceremonies.
All graduating seniors who complete their academic career with a cumulative GPA of 3.500 or above will be awarded graduation honors. Gold cords will be worn as part of the regalia and be distributed at Convocation. Those students in honors programs will receive their scarlet and/or green cords through their program.
Summa Cum Laude: 3.850–4.000
Magna Cum Laude: 3.700–3.849
Cum Laude: 3.500–3.699
All students who plan to participate on the field at the stadium during University Commencement and in individual school convocation ceremonies must wear academic regalia.
- Rutgers University–New Brunswick Students: Purchase caps, gowns, and hoods from Barnes & Noble at Rutgers, 100 Somerset Street, New Brunswick. Pre-order online from March 5 - April 20 to have your regalia shipped to you or to pick up in store. You can also purchase in-store April 1 - May 12.
- Attend the Grad Fair at Barnes & Noble in New Brunswick on April 4 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Visit with representatives and see the selection of class rings, personalized announcements, diploma frames, and much more!
- Don't forget to pick up any honor society or other recognition cords and stoles, if applicable.
- Please note: Academic regalia will not be sold at the stadium. Plan ahead.
Students must register online for parking passes for University Commencement beginning March 19 at 10 a.m. through April 16 at 10 a.m.
No parking permit is needed for Monday's SEBS Convocation. Parking is permitted in any open lot that morning on Dudley Road and College Farm Road.
Special Needs Parking
To register for special needs parking for Commencement, please visit http://commencement.rutgers.edu/parking
For SEBS Convocation special needs parking, please fill out this form. Students will receive a verifying email and will be able to pick up the passes in Martin Hall, Room 215 (Reception Desk).
Seating for the SEBS Convocation is provided for faculty and graduates only. All others are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
Wear comfortable shoes. Shoes with very high heels are not recommended. In the stadium, students and guests must maneuver on concrete steps. During the Commencement procession, students will walk across the football field, and at Convocation they will walk on the Lawn of Passion Puddle. The floor of the RAC can be slippery.
Bring sunglasses and wear sunscreen.
GradImages will once again be taking photos at both locations. They will email you proofs just a few days after graduation and you can place your order online, by telephone, or mail. GradImages may be contacted at 800-261-2576 or www.gradimages.com.
Photo opportunity locations will be set up around the Commencement and Convocation sites to allow you to take family photos.
There will be a security check at the Stadium, and in case of rain, at the RAC.
Important: Make sure the Registrar's Office has your correct home address as (1) a mailing will go to all home addresses inviting your family to join us for these events; and (2) all diplomas will be mailed to that address over the summer. To change or correct your home address, go to the Registrar's website, click New Brunswick, then click address changes.
We endeavor to make this important event a memorable one. We encourage you to participate fully in all of the graduation events to make this weekend one of the most memorable of your time on the Banks.