Financial Aid

Funding for Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS) undergraduate students is available in a number of forms: need-based scholarships, grants, loans and work-study administered by the Financial Aid Office; merit scholarships offered by the Rutgers Undergraduate Admissions and SEBS, and scholarships from sources external to Rutgers University.

To apply for federal, state, and Rutgers University need-based financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA Form can be downloaded from the Rutgers Financial Aid website. A variety of types of aid and scholarships offered through Financial Aid are available to students.

Even if you believe you will not qualify for need-based financial aid, it is still important to file the application. Since many merit scholarships also have a need-based component, you would not be considered for any of those scholarships if an application was not filed. The FAFSA must be filed no later than March 15.