SEBS Office of International Programs Scholarships
To help offset the cost of study abroad, the Office of International Programs in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences offers summer and winter scholarships. Providing more international learning opportunities is one of Executive Dean Robert Goodman's top initiatives, and this scholarship opportunity is a step in that direction. All SEBS students are eligible to apply for our scholarship.
Summer and winter scholarships will be provided to help defray the cost of the program fee for an international program up to a maximum of $5,000. Individual awards will depend on specific program costs. You must be a Rutgers SEBS undergraduate student at the time of your international experience to be considered for this scholarship.
Semester scholarships will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must also apply directly to their study abroad program of choice on the Rutgers Global–Study Abroad's website.
Application Timeline for SEBS Office of International Programs Scholarships
- Winter programs: mid-September through mid-October
- Summer programs: early November to March 1
The application link will be available on our website during application periods. Check back here for specific dates as application periods open and close throughout the year.
The Winter 2017 scholarship application will be open from September 18 through October 27.
The Summer 2018 scholarship application will be open from September 18 through March 1.
Scholarship Recipient Criteria
- Only science programs are acceptable to receive a scholarship. That is, programs that solely fulfill core requirements are not acceptable for scholarships.*
*EPIB majors must be able to justify their program (example: policy-based programs)
- Must be a student with a declared major/minor in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
- The program of choice must be applicable to the student's declared major/minor at SEBS
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.8 or higher)
- Must agree to SEBS Office of International Programs' scholarship requirements