Senior Worksheet Instructions
Due Date: March 19, 2018
Room 205 Martin Hall
G. H. Cook Campus
MEMO TO: Class of 2019
FROM: Penny Carlson, Assistant Dean, Academic Programs
Please review your degree navigator program before you meet with your advisor!
Rutgers Degree Navigator is currently being used to track graduation requirements for all majors offered exclusively by the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences. Students should make sure that their Degree Navigator information is accurate. The purpose of these worksheets is to update any information that is not currently showing up in Degree Navigator programs. Please make sure you carefully review Degree Navigator information before you submit the worksheet.
The following forms must be returned by the due date:
- The Senior Worksheet Checklist and Verification of Meeting with Advisor (27k PDF). To avoid being blocked from registering for the fall 2018 semester, return the checklist even if you are changing your class year.
- The Senior Worksheet Request to Update My Individual Program in Degree Navigator (276k PDF) (if needed).
Students will not be considered for graduation in 2019 unless we receive the required Senior Worksheet(s)!!!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING SENIOR WORKSHEETS
- Use a dark pencil or pen to complete the form.
- Obtain a copy of your transcripts at the following website: sis.rutgers.edu/tags/.
Log on to Rutgers Degree Navigator at: nbdn.rutgers.edu to check remaining requirements. Make sure you access your combined program in Degree Navigator in the portion that lists "All (or Final) Degree Requirements" If you are not familiar with using Rutgers Degree Navigator instructions can be found at the following website: https://sebs.rutgers.edu/senior-worksheets/.
If you are listed with an incorrect major or option change it at MyMajor.sebs.rutgers.edu.
- Check carefully to make sure that Degree Navigator accurately reflects your remaining coursework including School Requirements. If you have course substitutions or waivers that do not show up on Degree Navigator YOU MUST COMPLETE THE "REQUEST TO UPDATE MY INDIVIDUAL PROGRAM IN DEGREE NAVIGATOR".
Have your advisor review and sign the worksheet(s). Substitute courses or option electives not listed in teh catalog must be approved in writing by your advisor. This may be accomplished by advisors initialing approval next to courses listed on the worksheet titled "Request to Update Individual Program in Degree Navigator".
It is your responsibility to make sure that courses you intend to take to fill requirements are offered and will actually fill the requirements you list. Please check Degree Navigator after updates have been completed to make sure it is accurate.
- Sign and Date all required worksheets then return them to Martin Hall, Room 205 by March 19, 2018.
- A minimum of 128 credits are required to graduate from the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences. Credits for repeated courses with a passing grade cannot be counted twice toward degree credits. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to CHECK CAREFULLY to be sure you are NOT DEFICIENT IN DEGREE CREDITS. If credit totals in Degree Navigator do not agree with your Rutgers transcripts, check for duplicate coursework.
- "E" credit courses do NOT count toward Degree credits.
- To declare Communications, Journalism and Media Studies, Biological Sciences, Public Health or Exercise Science and Sport Studies, you must meet departmental requirements.
- If you DO NOT PLAN TO COMPLETE DEGREE REQUIREMENTS IN 2018 or DO NOT PLAN TO RETURN TO SEBS IN SEPTEMBER 2018, please fill out a CHANGE OF CLASS FORM (PDF) or a Withdrawal_Form (PDF). Forms must be returned to Martin Hall Room 205
You may add a minor or certificate program or change your major here.
Students completing Communication (192), Geography (450) or Journalism (567) MUST declare a SEBS minor or certificate program. A list of acceptable minors may be found here.
30 of your last 42 credits must be completed at a division of Rutgers University.
*Please note that students who change their class year in order to avoid turning in required, advisor-signed Senior Checklists will not be permitted to participate in the May 2019 graduation ceremony.
Students, who have 12 or less credits remaining after the spring 2019 semester and will complete all remaining coursework during Summer Session 2019, are permitted to walk in the 2019 graduation ceremony. In order to be eligible to walk in graduation, you must turn in the required Senior Worksheets now. Please change your graduation date to August 2019 at MyMajor.sebs.rutgers.edu.
Students who do not complete the Senior Worksheets and/or the Checklist by March 19, 2018 will not be considered for graduation 2019 and will be blocked from registering for the Fall 2018 semester!