Students who have taken a hiatus from their coursework by either not registering or withdrawing from classes must complete an application to re-enroll and resume coursework. Re-enrollment to the Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS) will be based upon an evaluation of the applicant's academic performance by the school's Admissions and Scholastic Standing Committee.
Application for re-enrollment to the Rutgers School of Environmental and Biological Sciences must be submitted online no later than January 4 for the Spring semester and August 15 for the Fall semester. Re-enrollment decisions will be sent via email and will include any specific conditions or restrictions.
- Students must pursue a major offered by the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences.
- Re-enrolled students who previously attended another Rutgers unit will have their academic record, including previously accepted transfer credits, re-evaluated and adjusted in accordance with SEBS academic policies.
- Students may not re-enroll after more than one dismissal/delay drop action.
- Students may only submit one re-enrollment application in a semester and may only apply to re-enroll at one Rutgers school.
- Students may apply for non-matriculated status to enroll on a full- or part-time basis in available SEBS undergraduate courses for up to 30 credits. Grades earned as a non-matriculating student are not calculated in the GPA, but will be included in the GPA if a student later matriculates for a second degree.
- Students must adhere to all SEBS and Rutgers–New Brunswick policies and procedures.
- Students who do not meet these criteria but have extenuating circumstances that warrant consideration should submit a written appeal for re-enrollment to email@example.com.
- Applicants do not need to submit Rutgers University transcripts.
- Re-enrolling SEBS students must submit official transcripts for any coursework taken during their hiatus from Rutgers University.
- Students from other Rutgers schools must submit official transcripts for all coursework completed outside Rutgers University.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure all required documentation has been submitted prior to the application deadline.
- When possible, re-enrolled students who have completed 60 or more degree credits will follow their original graduation requirements unless they wish to adopt the current graduation requirements. Re-enrolled students with fewer than 60 degree credits will complete the SEBS core and major requirements in effect at their re-enrollment.
- Re-enrolled students will be notified of their academic adviser, class year and curriculum code. It is essential that students contact their adviser to discuss their academic program. Students should also access Degree Navigator for information relating to degree requirements.
Withdrawal of Application
- Prior to a decision, an applicant may withdraw his/her application by visiting the status screen and clicking "Withdraw My Application."
Questions relating to academic policies and procedures can be directed to the Office of Academic Programs at 848-932-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.