Due Date: April 13, 2020
Room 109 Martin Hall
G. H. Cook Campus
MEMO TO: Class of 2021
FROM: Penny Carlson, Assistant Dean, Academic Programs
Students in the graduating Class of 2021 complete the Pre-Senior Worksheet process in the spring of junior year to ensure that they are making good progress toward graduation. The purpose of the Pre-Senior Worksheet is to confirm that all degree information is accurately displaying in Degree Navigator.
The Pre-Senior Worksheet must be completed with your major advisor and submitted by April 13, 2020, or Fall 2020 registration will be blocked.
Instructions for Completing Your Pre-Senior Worksheet
- Review your Rutgers transcript
- Use Rutgers Degree Navigator to check your requirements. Make sure you access your combined program in Degree Navigator in the portion that lists "All (or Final) Degree Requirements"
Review Instructions for using Degree Navigator.
- Check carefully that DN accurately reflects your remaining coursework. Any course substitutions or waivers that do not show up on DN must be listed on the Pre-Senior Worksheet. Change any inaccurate majors/minors/options at MyMajor.sebs.rutgers.edu.
- Meet with your major advisor to review and sign the worksheet.
- Submit the signed worksheet (155k PDF) to Academic Programs, Martin Hall 109, by April 13, 2020.
It is your responsibility to make sure that courses you intend to take will be offered and will fill the requirements you list.
- A minimum of 128 credits are required to graduate (120 credits for students following the new SEBS Core and most recent version of their major). Credits for repeated courses with a passing grade cannot be counted twice. If credit totals in Degree Navigator do not agree with your Rutgers transcript, check for duplicate coursework or see an advisor at Academic Programs. "E" credit courses do NOT count toward Degree credits.
- To declare Biological Sciences, Public Health, or Exercise Science, you must meet departmental requirements.
- You can make changes to your graduation date, your major, and minor/certificate programs at MyMajor.sebs.rutgers.edu.
- You may participate in the May 2021 ceremonies if you have 12 or fewer credits that will be completed in Summer Session 2021. You must complete your Pre-Senior Worksheet and change your graduation date to August 2021 at the link directly above.
- 30 of your last 42 credits must be completed at Rutgers University.
Students who do not complete the Senior Worksheets and/or the Checklist by April 13, 2020 will not be considered for graduation 2021 and will be blocked from registering for the Fall 2020 semester!